Data Analytics Fall Enrichment Program
Time & Location
About the Event
AHEAD's Fall enrichment program will run for 12 total sessions. We will meet every Sunday from September 20-December 6, 2020 from 4pm-6pm. We will have optional office hours offered from 6pm-7pm after every session. 6 sessions will be dedicated to theory and 6 sessions will be dedicated to lab. Students will be expected to complete a term project with another student.
It is required that students bring their own laptops (either Mac or PC). We do not provide laptops for students and an iPad is not able to run the appropriate software.
A bit about our program's Learning Objectives & Student Outcomes:
- To learn concepts and methods of data analytics.
- To learn to visualize and interpret data using Tableau software.
- To apply the theory and concepts of data analytics to practical problems using R software.
- To demonstrate the data analytics skills on real-world use cases.
- Identify and create innovative data-driven solutions for real-world problems
- Develop analytical thinking in a digital age
- Enhance college admission competitiveness